At Arborbrook we want our students to be strong in Christ, rooted in the truth, and bearing the fruit of righteousness. This is a slow process. It takes years to develop good habits and years to develop strong character. We believe the soil of God’s word, the beauty of the outdoors, living ideas found in beautifully written books, and hands-on learning help children to thrive and grow to become adults who are strong enough to withstand the challenges they will face in this life and in the increasingly secular world in which we live.
This is our tenth year as a school, and every year we think about what we are doing well and what we could be doing better as a school. Some of our past improvements have included adding a woodland play area for our students and our flourishing band program. Rather than doing a large, time-consuming silent auction to raise funds for our strategic objectives, we are taking a different approach this year. Instead, we are sending a direct appeal to you, families and friends of Arborbrook, including our alumni families. We have a big goal to raise $100,000 this year towards some significant improvements to our school, and we are prayerfully hoping you will consider partnering with us to help accomplish these. There are three priorities we are summing up this way: Preserve. Renovate. Innovate.
- Preserve - We want to preserve an Arborbrook education, preserve childhood, and preserve the faith. We believe what we have to offer as a school is incredibly unique, an education that is balanced and values the whole child as a person, an education that is steeped in Scripture, the beauty of Creation, and the challenge of living ideas.
- Renovate - Our campus is in need of some renovation. Specifically we would like to do the following:
- Renovate the gym, adding a gym floor, new lights, and a better drainage system/fixing the roof so that it will be usable for our student athletes and for Arborbrook events such as Orientation, Grandparents’ Day and pep rallies
- Add four classrooms to the gym to increase our classroom space
- Add two ADA-compliant (accessible) bathrooms to the gym.
- Add a privacy fence to separate the church property from the home behind it.
- Add security devices to every door on campus that will enable all our doors to be locked in the event of a lock-down.
- Beautify the campus through more school garden space and trees.
- Replace the carpet in the upper wing of the Education Building.
- Innovate - We want to invest in our students and in the future by beginning a 1:1 iPad program in the Junior High. This will eventually mean that every student in the junior high will use a school-owned iPad device. In addition to iPads, we would also like to purchase a projection microscope for the school and some Apple TV devices that will make sharing work with the class much easier, as well as several other technology needs.
What can you do?
We are asking you to prayerfully consider giving towards our goal of raising $100,000. Would you consider giving towards this? Below is an option to donate via Paypal should you wish to do so. All donations are tax-deductible. Perhaps your company allows for matching gifts, which is an easy way to double your gift. We are also have a brokerage account (7188-4813) if anyone would prefer to donate stock. Contact Michelle Beamer if you are interested in that option (firstname.lastname@example.org / 704-821-9952) or if you have any other questions. Thank you so much for your consideration and prayers for our school.
Head of School